transcendstheworldtranscendstheworld

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 2 Fans

Friendzone (HQ) Friendzone (HQ)

YEAH NEW JERSEY!

Garden State FTW.
And great song btw. :D

LO - State of Dream LO - State of Dream

Great club music

This song manages to be very repetitive in a way that would be great for dancing in a club, yet at the same time it changes up enough to keep you listening attentively for the entire song. In the second half of the song, the chorus was a bit too powerful, and you couldn't really make out all of the intstruments that you used. Also, the percussion was very quiet compared to the rest of the song. Overall, it was a great song, but it could use a bit more balance.

Oakwood responds:

Tbh, I have no idea how the choir can be so powerful. I already cut the volume in half and had thrown a Limiter on it, but it's still overriding. And it's just a soundfont :S
Anyway, thanks for the comments, man!

[LO-RMX] Tiesto - Zero 76 [LO-RMX] Tiesto - Zero 76

Beginning

The beginning, as I see a couple of people have pointed out, is quite... lacking in strength.
Also, the windup at around 1:11 was stretched a bit too long. 30 seconds is too long to wait for the next section of this amazing song :)
Anyway, it was a [retty good song and/or remix! 9/10 5/5

Oakwood responds:

I agree with the whip-up (and the beginning), but I had a hard time creating it and didn't want to change the LFO I used so it would take even longer. That's also why the second wind-up is muvch shorter ;)

Thanks for the advice!

-:HaloTopic:- Destination -:HaloTopic:- Destination

Pretty good

I think the singing in the beginning is a bit loud, but that's just my opinion. :D Also, putting in more distinct melodies would help the song out a lot. Otherwise, this is a really good song.
Would you mind helping me out a bit and reviewing my latest song? I'm a beginner and I'd like some help. Thanks :)

Fly Sky High - Balderdact Fly Sky High - Balderdact

As a first song...

This is really good for a first song! My first song (which, incidentally, wasn't too long ago) was much worse than this. I would suggest using some better samples as percussion (no fruit kick), adding more complex melodies, and perhaps, if you want to change this song from sounding video game-ish to relaxing, replacing the fast paced plucking in the background with some pads. A better synth wouldn't hurt either- go to vstplanet to get some free VST's. A good one would be TS-Substance. Keep on making music!

balderdact responds:

Thanks for reviewing and for the advice :D

LO - On Higher Levels LO - On Higher Levels

Make it a song!

This would sound great as a full song. About all I have a complaint about is that the melody gets a little repetitive, so if you extend that a bit, this song would be perfect.
Hey, would you mind looking at my new song and giving me some tips on how to improve? thanks!

Oakwood responds:

Myeah, I also thought of the melody being repititive, but I couldn't think of anything else. Thanks for the critics.

Also, I reviewed your newest song even before you could ask me. Paradox?

Burst of Light Burst of Light

Better piano

Hey, this song is amazing. You certainly don't SEEM rusty...
Anyway, I would suggest EVM Grandpiano. Its very basic and you do have to tweak it a bit to get a better sound, but in the end the sound is worth it. Oh yeah, and its free. :D

Geoplex responds:

Oh, I'll check that out then.
Thanks!

LO - Feels Like Boom LO - Feels Like Boom

House?

Well, I don't normally listen to house, but this is really good. If happiness could be distilled in audio form, this would be the result. It kinda reminds of just partying without care for past or future, just the present.

Oakwood responds:

A lot of happiness was needed to create this song. I'm glad you can hear it back! :)

ZP || Journey to Nowhere ZP || Journey to Nowhere

I feel it!

How do you get that degree of sheer emotion into a song? It's peaceful and wistful at the same time, in a trancey kind of way...I hope to be at least as good as you someday. This is amazing.

Yesterday (ftr Kyle Blackwood) Yesterday (ftr Kyle Blackwood)

I almost dislike you.

No, not really.
But you've made SO many amazing songs, I can't favorite them all. D:
So I'm settling for favoriting just a couple, and downloading all of them.
Oh yeah, and thank you for making my day with this.